Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparency & Webpage Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

willya340

Technical User
Jul 2, 2001
KW
Hi

I want to know the following please:

1- What is the difference between Alpha transparancy and Index Transparancy , and which is preffered for save image as GIF for the web?!!

2- Is it possible to create the whole webpage layout and export it as HTML with all the images ( Like Fireworks Do ) ?!!

If anyone have an idea or a recommend a tutorial for that on the web , please let me know.

Appreciate it :)

Hi

For the transparency I would go for index, it generaly works better imo

As for your second question it is possible to do the fireworks thing.

if u have the latest verstion of photoshop (I think it is only bundled with 6) u have a program called image ready where you can cut up the image and save off the optimaised image and the html code.

I am not sure as to the extent of image ready as I Have only used it for complex table formation, but it is worth a try.

Manic
-----------------------------
I've broken it again !!
-----------------------------
lee.gale@virgin.net

Yes you can do all the Html in photoshop. Just bust out the slice tool and cut up the image (they dont 'cut' anything, just act like guides and double click on each slice with the slice selection tool to add the links and stuff. Use the save for web option to preview and generate your html.

Alpha channels are the 4th channel in an rgb image that defines the invisible area. Index alpha is based on the white area in the art. BEHOLD! As Steve Jobs introduces us the latest in desk-lamp technology!

ImageReady provides great functionality for web graphics, I prefer Fireworks though because Photoshop tends to be over kill for many of the project on the web that I work on because it is such a powerful program. However if you are going to do something like what you are talking about with ImageReady or Photoshop remember you wont have some of the control (tables & borders) because when you change things it changes the image...keep that in mind!!!

Also check out Fireworks for you second question over ImageReady...

actually thats not true, neither imageready nor photoshop does anything to your images until you export the slices. The slice tools are live and give you total control or tables. Really clean web pages are finished up in apps like GoLive and coldfusion anyway, thats where the real control is. BEHOLD! As Steve Jobs introduces us the latest in desk-lamp technology!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back