Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transmitted CID Field no longer works

Status
Not open for further replies.

looknow12

Programmer
Mar 14, 2004
US
I'm on version 6.5. Everything has been great. I have Sip Trunk Properties so that every line uses my main number. However, any extensions with the Transmitted CID field populated, that number would supersede the SIP Trunk Property value.

Just recently however (about the time my Altigen Vendor was pushing me to renew software assurance) this stopped working. The only thing that is transmitted is the sip trunk property value. I have tried to change that value and it definitely is reading it. But the transmitted CID field is ignored.

Please help.

Hi looknow12,

What carrier do you use for your SIP trunks? I assume the number you are trying to transmit is a number that you own? The transmit caller ID feature is very popular but I am finding more and more carriers are overriding this to prevent caller ID spoofing.

If nothing was changed on the AltiGen system I would verify with your carrier that they are not overriding the transmitted caller ID with your main number. If they say they are not overriding and that they phone system can control outbound CID I would apply the latest quickfix and see if they have any logging that they can enable. If so you can create an example and compare AltiGen traces with their logs to see where the trouble resides.

Thanks,

Jonathan Anderson
Tel-Net Inc.
Voice / Data / Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back