Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Translation Patterns and Called Party Transform Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
Running CUCM 11.x

Because of a large call-center, we use 4-digit Called Party Transform Masks on our inbound translation patterns. Our DID blocks are always in nice, easy contiguous blocks starting with 00 and ending with 99, making it easy to use a transform mask of 25xx or 39xx, etc.

We recently acquired a company that I have to integrate into our call manager, and their DID blocks are all over the place. I've just realized "doing it the way it's been done" is going to be wasteful. For example, If I have number block 555-982-5400-5447, I simply can't use a mask of 46xx without wasting 53 numbers in that range. I also realized that I couldn't take the other 1/2 of that mask and apply it to another range without number overlap. Examples:
555-982-5446 + Mask: 46xx = 4646
555-987-5446 + Mask: 46xx = 4646
555-403-5746 + Mask: 46xx = 4645

I need a better way of writing transform masks that doesn't waste numbers. Cisco docs said that for transform masks I can use digits and wilcards X, *, + or #.

I know that X and * represent individual numbers, but I don't know how to use # or + sign in their masks.

Can someone please show me examples of called party transform masks using + or # and using them? Hoping that solves the problme

Thanks!

+ and # isnt going to solve your problem.

To really solve your problem you need to use 10 digit or at least 7 digit patterns.

Or you could just keep them in separate partitions and CSS's.

Your over all dial plan needs an overhaul. Then you wont run into issues like these.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

Thanks gnrslash4life - Sorry about the slow response, I was on vacation this last week.

I agree that our dial-plan needs to be re-done, but I don't have time for that right now.

While I was on vacation, what I decided to do is break down the DID's into blocks of 10, so the trasform mask will go from something like 25xx to 25XY, where X would be the block of 10, and Y is the variable. It's ugly but it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back