Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Translating Excel content from German to english

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabascal

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2002
GB
Hi all,
I am trying to write a small macro to translate the content of an excel spreadsheet from german to english.

Having no idea of tools I could use, I was thinking about leveraging Google translator.
1) If cell content is text - take content and post it to google translate
2) Retrieve traduction and replace cell.

Please advise - If you know a good tool to do that - please advise

Thanks,
Sebastien.

You can do this with the webbrowser object. It allows you to call text boxes, and labels by name. These names are as they appear in the HTML source of the webpage, so finding the correct name is easy. All you need to do is to load the page in webbrowser. Wait until the whole pag eis loaded, which may take a moment, and then populate the page. The code then submits and returns a text box with the rough translation.

You might want to surk the net to find the best/most accurate translator, as I know only two well that some are really quite coarse thranslations.

BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back