Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

translate h.323 to sip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagica

Technical User
Dec 16, 2012
RS
Hi!
Is there any possibility to translate h.323 to sip with cisco router?
I have mx-one tsw, iplu, license and I use h.323 phones!Could any cisco router translate h.323 to sip! I want to use softphone aplication if there is possibility!
thanks

hello zagica you can use cisco router voip support for this operation you can initiate sip extention on cisco and line trunk with h323 extention

But I don't want to use cisco as voip solution, just want to try translation h.323 to sip if it is possible??? please, does someone try on this way???

Hi
"Ericsson Communication Client" the soft-phone by the company itself

Regards

Monro

If I read correctly, you have mx-one with h.323 phones currently and you want to add softphones?
If that is right, why not just get licences for sip clients from your Aastra representative? (not Ericsson you will notice :)
Then no need for translation.

Sorry, just read the "tsw" part so of course no sip support.

Hi,

You have two ways: first one is complex one involving multiple changes as below
1) Make interface between MD & Cisco router using E1 interface, afterwards make interface between Cisco & Asterisk server as H.323 trunk. Finally use the SIP extension through the Asterisk server. It works as we have it running for integration with the video conferencing server which supports only SIP trunking & unfortunately SIP is not available on TSW.

2) Softphone application is available from iptc.se which can directly be registered as a digital extension on the TSW. We have this also & it supports connection with / without VPN etc.

Cheers,

""The truth about action must be known and the truth of inaction also must be known; even so the truth about prohibited action must be known. For mysterious are the ways of action""

YOU CAN USE ELASTIX SERVER AND USE CUSTOM PACK FOR TRUNK ELASTIX WITH YOUR IPLU AND ALL SOFT PHONE AND PHONE INITITATE IN ELASTIX
IPLU USE JUST FOR TRUNK WITH ELASTIX SERVER AND ELASTIX SERVER SERVICE SOFT PHONE OR PHONE I HOPE BE CAN HELP SORRYFOR MY BAD ENGLISH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back