Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Translate English to Foreign Language - script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy2

Programmer
Sep 18, 2001
US
Hello - I am looking for direction/resources to help me develop a database which translate english into Arabic script and Cyrillic script.

I need an end result of showing a form with an English phrase and also Arabic and Cyrillic in the appropriate script.

Any ideas?

Thank you

BIG BUCKS? Creating the character representation is trivial (at least in comparision to the real issue).

Content translation is an entirely different matter. There are some commercially available programs which do 'translate' between specific languages, I have used ones for English to/from German and Spanish. Both were from the long away and far ago place, and neither did all that well. I assume that the process has improved, and I am just as sure that Arabic and Crylic "scripts" are a bit more of a challenge, so my presumption is that the overall process is not perfect -and possibly not even pratical.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back