Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Translate 6 digit number to and international number on Cisco CME

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzobi

Technical User
Nov 29, 2007
ZA
Hi I am trying to to do the following on a Cisco CME

When an extension dials 384427 i need to to get the CME to dial a specific international number. I have looked at digital translation but being new to this system i am finding it all a bit confusing. Can someone please help with how I can set this up.

Many Thanks

In Translation Pattern Configuration, add new, or copy existing, then
Translation Pattern will be the 6 digit number you want to use,
Partition only needs to be an internal partition, but any working one will do it.
Description is free hand - what ever you want to name it
Calling Search Space, needs to have international capabilities
Route this pattern
Provide outside dial tone
Urgent Priority
Called party Transformation Mask = Number to dial as you would dial it manually from your phone
All the rest should be default settings I believe.
Good luck!

Hello trvlr1

Thanks for replying to my question. I am working on Call Manager Express and I can't find the command for Translation Pattern Configuration. Are you describing how to configure on a CUCM?

Sorry, I missed the CME bit even though you stated it several times ....(it was a long day!!). This was for a Call Manager set up.

I am not too familiar with CME, but my guess is you can probably set up a dial peer for this.

Try this:

voice translation-rule foo
rule 1 /384427/ /0115554443333334/

voice translation-profile Intl
translate called foo

dial-peer voice 222 pots
destination-pattern 384427
translation-profile outgoing Intl
port 1/1:23

Should get your international number sent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back