Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transitions on video 2,3, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guava65

Programmer
Jul 20, 2001
US
Is there any way to incorporate transitions on secondary video levels?

Using Premier Pro 6.5.

Aloha,
cg

You can use the alpha channel rubber band on those tracks to fade images in and out.

I cannot find this alpha / rubber band option. Can you point me in the right direction? I am using Premier Pro 6.5.

Aloha,
cg

Expand Video2/Video3 track by selecting corresponding icon to left of timeline. This will show the alpha rubberband in the timeline. You can move the alpha rubberband up and down to get a fade in/out effect.

I use Premiere 6.5, haven't taken the time to figure out if Premiere 6.5 pro is the same or not. Hopefully this gets you going in the right direction.

haven't had a chance to try it yet but thanks for the info. I appreciate the help!

Aloha,
cg

You can't have it both ways. Either you are using Premiere 6.5 or you are using Premiere Pro.

If using 6.5, then transitions are only available between V1A and V1B, but you can cross fade using the opacity rubber bands as advised above.

If you are using Premiere Pro, transitions are available on any track. Just drag a cross fade (or other)transition onto the start or end of any clip on any track and then drag the inboard end to adjust duration, or open up the effects control window with the transition selected to get full control.

Some PPro transitions work better with both clips on the same track with an overlap. See on-line help.

Thanks for the help. I finally got a chance to try it and it worked fine.

Akribie: I have P65. got the info I needed though. Thanks for chiming in with some help.

Aloha,
cg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back