Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transition from MS-Access developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoWasMises

Programmer
Feb 26, 2009
US
Hi, hope you're doing well.

Can anyone advise me on what to transition to from being an Access programmer. It's becoming harder and harder to find work these days. What do you recommend? Something where I can use my current skills as much as possible.

All feedback is well appreciated.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible..." - Albert Einstein

I would suggest working on proficiency with another RDBMS. MySQL, SQL Server, or Oracle would probably allow you to use what you know about databases and find a way into a larger market.

The MS Azure platform is a big thing right now. It includes several types of databases and woks with various languages. There is also an account you can get that is free for a year that you can use for training and learning to develop projects of your own. Also, MS has a LOT of free training resources available to get you started.

-Dell

Senior Manager, Data & Analytics
Protiviti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back