Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transient connection attempts

Status
Not open for further replies.

trunkyccm

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2005
GB
Hi, can anyone advise. I'm seeing pretty much all my phones de-registering from the subscriber and attempting to reg with the publisher in both machines event logs.
However the devices are not actually re-homing and no users are experiencing problems. I'm using ccm 4.1(3)sr4b.

I found a few misconfig'd ata's which took away a few events, but other than that it looks like all 380 phones are doing something odd. Cisco site mentions database errors - any idea what kind of errors to look for?

TIA.

What is the reason code that goes along with the transient connections. I have never seen this as a database issue.

thx astro, I've had a look thru that doc. My concern is that all devices are doing this repeatedly. No obvious problems for the end user though, and the devices aren't actually rehoming. They seem to start, then stop rehoming.

Thanks.

what type phones are you using? Is it all phone types that are doing this or a certain type? (eg7940 7960 etc)? What's the phone load for those devices?

Hi iptnewbie, the mcs is barely raising a sweat. CPU seems to be 80-90% idle most of the time from the rtmt, although there have been one or two spikes (java related it seems). Whyksp, the phones are 7940's mostly with about 20 7960's .The phone load is the default load from the ccm 4.1(3)SR4B service review. thanks for the responses.

This could be a phone load issue. Upgrade or downgrade the phone load on one of your sets only and test.

Seen this before with the phone loads.

ok - I understood the phone load to be the default latest version, but I'll check. Thanks again for the advice. I'll post back when I've done that.

I've checked - we are using 8.0(4.0) on our 7960's and 7940's. That's the latest load installed with 4.1(3)sr4c I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back