Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TRANSFORMER WARNING 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claude12275

Programmer
Aug 27, 2003
US
When I run Tranformer I get that warning:

(TR0205) Double quotes were changes to single quotes in the source value, label, sort value or other test field. This avoids syntax in the MDL language

As soon as I hit enter, the program continues.

Is there an option in Transformer to turn off Warnings such as the one I get, so I don't have to be there every time I run my model?

This seems like a data issue you should be correcting. Is it valid for your data to have double quotes? If you correct this on the data side you will no longer get this message. If it's valid data, then can you correct it in the IQD?

Pain is stress leaving the body.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Yes! It is normal that my data has double quotes. I have other models that are using the same data, and I don't have any problems. Any suggestions for my IQD's?

Use the Replace function on columns that have double quotes in them.

Pain is stress leaving the body.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

You cannot turn of this warning message when you build the cube manually. When I come accross data that has double quotes I either replace the quotes or build the cube via script. The script will continue building the cube without waiting for someone to respond to the warning message

Regards

Tony Goldsmith

Thank you very much goldsmt for the answer. That will solve my problem. I can't fix the data since there is too many fields with double quotes. And I don't mind if Transformer replaces them with single quotes. I just didn't want to stand by my computer to click OK when it happens.

No problem, you never know perhaps someone from Cognos may read this and allow users to supress these warning messages

Regards

Tony Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back