Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transformer Model Documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

footyref

MIS
Mar 26, 2003
US
Does anyone have what they believe to be ideal Transformer Model documentation out there? We would like to come up with a standard requirements gathering document from which we could create models and then create a document which explains what we did to create the model. We have tried a number of things but have not decided on a standard one and thought we would ask folks out here who are doing it all the time what they have. I work for the State of Ohio government, so sharing this information with me would not bring about any loss of business for you because of competition from us, unless you are a consulting firm trying to get in here, but our governor is walking around with his pockets hanging out because there is no money, so I doubt that you would get in here anyhow.

I checked them out and they might meet our needs. Is anyone out there using the Envisn products and care to comment?

I once went to a product presentation from envisn, and it all looked nice, but it was waaaaay to expensive for us...

But I don't have any "real" experience with their products.

I suspected that they would be pricey, but how much, in time and money, would we spend documenting this on our own?

Scott Gaffney
Information Technology Consultant
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
Management Information Systems

We got quoted like 18K for one of their products. And I agree, way too pricey.

Maybe you could get someone in your company to look at the .MDL file Transformer produces and take pertinent stuff out into something like a Word document using a script?

Could help.

Realistically, 18k is not a bad price to save yourself large amounts of documentation. I've seen the Envisn tools and they do a pretty good job of documenting. They're also pretty simple to use.

I am what I am based on the decisions I have made.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back