Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transformer Error TR1901

Status
Not open for further replies.

u253458

Programmer
Jun 4, 2003
US
I am using cognos 6.6 version and building a cubes from a work station. The input data source is on the server and I am also putting the cube on the server. In the cube build at the end I a get this error message

TR1901 mdc(123) VAR LENGTH HEADER HAS BAD RECORD MARK.

ALSO

I get this for another cube build

Power play tranformer error
TR1901 mdc(0) text in

Does any one know what these errors mean?

Also, Is there any place I can get the list of errors? Under help there are some error listed but I don't find TR1901.

Please help

Thanks

I had that once. It was not transformer, but the database. The record itself was corrupted, and transformer could not view it.

Can you open the record in question directly in the database application? Is it possible to fix it at source? Is this a recent error and you have a backup?

One workaround is have Impromptu "ignore" the record by filtering out that exact value.

Good luck
Bruce

Thanks Bruce,

This is just a recent error. The only difference is previosuly the cube was build in cognos older version and now i am using cognos 6.6. also, other difference is, previously cube was stored in a local desktop. Now I want to save on the server.

I was just wondering if it is something to do with the server.

Also, do you know how to ge the list of TR errors?

The TR errors can be found in one of the PDF's available with the product. The problem is that Cognos re-uses some error code. TR1901 is a 'catch-all' error message. If you are reading a lot of data, I have seen this error message occur when you hit the 2GB cube size limit. You will need to set the MultiFileCubeThreshold variable if this is the case.

Flex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back