Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transformer 7.3 and Hotfile problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

drlex

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
GB
I have had a transformer error on a model which uses hotfiles as datasources. There were no problems with transformer 7.1MR2, but having gone to 7.3, I get an error DMS-E-GENERAL, A general exception has occurred during operation 'prepare request with options'.
DMS-E-XDA_DMSISS_LOAD, Could not load the DMSISS library.

The hotfiles and the iqds are created by Impromptu 7.1MR2, as I had problems in trying to upgrade Impromptu.

I tried producing hotfiles and IQDs from Impromptu 7.3 on a development maching against the same database, but get the same problem.

Is anyone else having a similar problem? My next step is revert transformer 7.3 back to 7.1

thanks,
lex

soi la, soi carre

Well I don't really have an answer to your question, but I just want to share that I don't feel that 7.3 is any good.

Pdf generated by IWR don't size to the page correctly anymore like they used to so columns fall from the pages!

transformer wont' start on my machine.
Scheduler didn't start up on the server nor my machine and everything, from Impromptu admin to upfront, seems wicked slow at times... :(

Thanks for the sympathy; I suspect your problem may be due to not fully uninstalling the previous version. I have 7.1 PPES and Imp with 7.3 Transformer on the server and crossed fingers for luck.

soi la, soi carre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back