Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transformer 7.0 to 7.1 migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

doddy

Technical User
Mar 28, 2001
AU

Greetings from Adelaide, Australia.

We have a lot of 7.0 cubes and are about to upgrade to 7.1. We have tested our existing cubes (test building on our Unix Tru64 development server with Oracle 9i and 7.1) and most are OK. (i should mention that apparently 7.1 doesn't like Tru64 but we have had a site hotfix from cognos for this).

On just a couple of cubes, some measures are showing zero values in the 7.1 test whereas running the IQDs against the database shows they should be non-zero. Where this occurs, the IQD is generating the values from nested decode statements, yet there are other nested decodes that are working fine. Also, due to the nature of the data, not all measures are in scope for all dimensions (eg. some data available by quarter hour, some not) and some are allocated and some are not. This hasn't been a problem in the built cubes in 7.0.

I can't seem to find a common thread between the measures that work and the ones that don't - either in the way the values are produced from the IQDs or in the areas of allocation, data types or anything else within the model.

Can anyone share a similar experience or provide any clues to where I should look within my existing models, in the conversion process or in my server set-up to remedy these errors?

regards,
Doddy.

Doddy,
I use Tru64, albeit with Progress and a Windows front end, and have gone from 7.0 through 7.1 to the current release (7.3MR2?).
When I have had issues on upgrades, I tend to do two processes:
1) check SQL by running an impromptu report and viewing/analysing the output.
2) save Transformer models as .md* in the old version and then open in the upgrade prior to saving as .py*

The issues I have either relate to the DB query agent running on Tru64 or the way in which .py* models are handled by upgraded Transformer.

lex

(BTW, there aren't any differential security arrangements on the measures or dimensions concerned are there?)

soi la, soi carré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back