Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TransFirst Credit Card Payment Processing from MS Access DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdave1979

Programmer
Jan 27, 2010
US
I am developing an Access Database with Customer and Order information. The customer wants the database to process their Credit Card payments as well. I got the specs from TransFirst on how to do this They call it (eLink CNP) Overview on this is below:

What is eLink?
eLink provides an easy-to-use HTTPS-based solution that is ideal for businesses looking for a fast, easy way to conduct secure automated transactions over the Internet. Linking to the ePay Secure server is as simple as inserting a few lines of code to establish the link. A merchant can connect their server directly to the eLink gateway server to process transactions directly through the system in realtime. With proper use of this method, a merchant can retain full control of the data used in the processing of the transaction, keeping the customer on their own website through the entire transaction process.

How does it work?
eLink Secure receives the authorization request message from the merchant’s secure website, processes the request, and sends the authorization result to the merchant’s secure server, requiring the merchant to display the result to the on-line customer. With this solution, the website developer or designer is responsible for collecting the credit card information, providing the minimum data set requirements to establish the connection and displaying the result back to the on-line customer. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Technology must be used to secure the website.
The method of communication with ePay is server-based. With server-based communication, the ePay server is contacted directly from the program code/script.
ePay Link supports the latest Visa and MasterCard requirements for processing transactions via the Internet, which include CVV2/CVC2 and ECI indicator requirements. Perhaps the most significant benefit of ePay Link is its unique ability to ensure that every transaction complies with mandated card association rules and regulations. This function alone has the potential to save businesses thousands of dollars each year. When bank rules change, ePay Link is seamlessly updated to ensure continued compliance. The ePay Link payment solutions provide businesses with the greatest value for their investment by keeping pace with the dynamics of the electronic payments industry and commercial markets.

I don't know how to do any of this. I don't even know how to establish the link. I guess I will have to build a small web application to use with the database but I don't know where to start. If someone could please help, maybe someone else has used TransFirst to process Credit Card payments. I was asked to build a basic DB to track customers and process shipments from but this was sprung on me at last minute and It's over my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back