Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TransferText Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdimov

Programmer
Jul 20, 2001
US
I generally avoid using the Transfer methods but for the purpose of speeding things up I decided to set up File Specs and use the TransferText method of a front and back end Access 97 application.

Turns out that the front-end size bloats when I use this method, apparently it has something to do with the System tables being in the front end.

Is there a way to avoid front-end size growth? I just don't see a reason why it should get bigger.

Does it mean I have to move Sys tables to back-end and use another Access object. Seems redundant, unnecessary and not elegant...

Thanks,

Svet

I found an answer- by opening another Access and taking the Systems tables with the specs to the back-end my front-end does not bloat.

Not the most elegant way, but since I import 16,000 records I thought speed would be an issue so I used the Transfer method.

Svet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back