Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TransferText Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmc014

Technical User
Nov 24, 2007
ES
Hi,

Wondering if someone could help me out with the TransferText function.
After executing the code below, I get the below error message:

Text file specification field separator matches decimal separator or text delimiter.

Here'e the code I'm using:
DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , "CSVExport", "C:\CsvExport.csv"

The CSVExport Table that I'd like to export does not contain any autonumeric/unique Id's and or fields other than text's.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,

I think that you place too much faith in defaults.
ALWAYS better to explicitly define exactly how you want a SPECIFIC file to be imported / exported.
If on the first attempt you experience problems; even if it's a one-off process, it will generally always reduce time in doing things like this.

Define an import spec and this will cut issues down by 99%.

This seems a definitive step-by-step of how to do that:

(Name the spec logically - so that you 'know' what it is to be used for in future).

The alternative is to analyse exactly what is incorrect in this file (and every other file where you get this error), where the possibilities are infinite.

ATB,

Darrylle

Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back