Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transferspreadsheet in Access 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

aflat

Technical User
Feb 6, 2003
CA
A possible limitation or bug I encountered in my application. When exporting data from an MS Access 2000 App through code to an Excel (8) file, (a query or table, doesn't seem to matter) via transferspreadsheet command, there seems to be a limit on the character length of the file name for the new Excel file. Around 80 characters. Searched MS website and could only find a problem with line continuation in code but that is not the problem in my App. Tried a number of times to run code and at somewhere near the 80 character file name (with full path) I get error message "Cannot update. Database or object is read-only." My App users probably won't have path and file names with more than 60 characters so it's not really an issue for me but a heads up for anyone else!
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back