Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TransferSpreadSheet ..export

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnj

Programmer
Jun 20, 2003
US
I want to export a ms query to an excel sheet template to a specific cell range.
I would like the export results to begin at cell "a6".
I have googled myself to exhaustion, trying many suggestions. The common opinion is that the following code should work, (but it does not for me).

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "qtestexport", "c:\United\teamtemp.xlsx", True, "teamtemp!A6:a90"
End Sub
[I am using office 2007]

Teamtemp.xlsx is the template and teamtemp is the worksheet name. I have tried leaving it at sheet1 with no results.

The error here tells me that the range already exits. This is one of the many errors I have received.

I have run the code where it creates another sheet, but not in the template.

Any help, suggestions or solutions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
John

How are ya jonnj . . .
Microsoft TransferSpreadsheet said:
[blue]Range: Optional Variant. A string expression that's a valid range of cells or the name of a range in the spreadsheet. [purple]This argument applies only to importing[/purple]. Leave this argument blank to import the entire spreadsheet. [purple]When you export to a spreadsheet, you must leave this argument blank[/purple]. [red]If you enter a range, the export will fail[/red].[/blue]

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see faq219-2884 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

TheAceman1,

I am aware of what the MS 'help' says. Many times here, I know programmers find ways around microsofts' protocol, and was hoping someone here might have a work around for this.

Thx for responding tho.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back