Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TransferSpreadsheet command no longer works in Access97

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayProud

Programmer
Nov 10, 2004
GB
An Access97 database than has been in use for several years has suddenly developed a problem when running VBA code. The command 'DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet' fails with the error message "3027 - Can't update database or object is read only".

The only thing that has changed is an update on user's PCs of a commercial software package which includes many DLLs and OCXs. I suspect this command is now incompatible with a particular DLL or OCX. I have proved conclusively that prior to this update the command worked okay.

Has anyone come across this problem and a solution please? I'm hoping that a reinstall of Office97 will reinstate the compatible files without messing up the running of the commercial package. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back