Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfers from PVM PC Card Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFWatts

MIS
May 8, 2003
US
I have a Partner ACS "Small Office" package that came with the 308 ACS processor, and Partner Messaging PC card. I have set it up as an immidiate auto-attendant. I can press a selector code and transfer out, but only as long as there is just one vm port (ext 78 or 79) being used. If a second call is in vm, and I use a selector code, then the transfer fails (from either port), and I get the message "Your party is unavailable. To transfer to another extension...". If I try to do a manual transfer using *8, it fails as well. However, a manual transfer works if there is only one port active. It seems like the system is having trouble transfering out of VM when both ports are in use. Has anyone ran into this problem before? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

A factory default should be performed on all Messaging PC Cards before any install. Call the person you bought it from and they should be able to help you.

Also it is only a 2 port voicemail and can only handle 2 calls at a time(a call coming in, someone leaving or checking a voicemail...).I don't recommend using it to anwer all of your calls during business hours,it should be used as a backup during the day.

Here is a post to the FAQ from Avaya
PAGE=ProductArea&temp.productID=107653&temp.releaseID=141772&temp.bucketID=108020

Is the extension you're trying to transfer out to in Do Not Disturb? Known bug on PVM-Cards. It must transfer to the extension, release the call, then cover back to the mailbox, or you hit the weird announcement.

There is a known problem with these pc cards. I posted a cut and paste from an AVaya newsletter that included a password to do a reset. BUT the beloved moderators of this board deleted the post because they dont allow passwords to be posted.

If you have time, search for an avaya xmas newsletter from December 0f '04

The problem has been resolved...Here's the scoop:

Firstly, I was able to determine that not all transfers would fail...only transfers to a "sub-menu" would fail. Since this is PVM PC, it does not give the ability to add sub-menus. I accomplished this by using a phantom station (18) and sending it to cover. Then the sub-menu was recorded in that mailbox. This works fine...except...when all the VM ports are in use. Since I was using a phantom phone, it would go to cover immediately. The voicemail port that transfered the call was still clearing up, so therefore no ports are available when the call to the phantom phone is sent to cover.

To resolve this, I ended up using a real phone port (17) and set the cover rings to 1. This gives the VM port enough time to normalize after it transfers the call. The unfortunate side-affect is that the call will hear 1-2 rings before the sub-menu is played. Other than that, it works great!

Just in case you're wondering, the sub-menu is simply a listen-only box that plays directions to the business.

Thanks for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back