Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferring session data between ASP and PHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrian

Programmer
Sep 7, 2005
GB
Hey guys,

Our company has 2 seperate sites, one written in Classic ASP and the other written in PHP. They've both been in development for a couple of years and have a lot of useful data in them, but the bosses are getting annoyed that they have to log in to both seperately.

Is there any way to work with the sessions, or anything else, to transfer the session data between an ASP page and a PHP page? All I really need to send over is the user ID, once that has been passed over I can use SQL to pull back anything else I need.

Thanks for your help,

Ben
Intranet Developer

Add the ability to "remember password" for each of the applications (which sets a cookie). Then they won't have to log in at all (once they've logged in once).

You can't share session data across PHP and ASP servers in the way you have asked. As you say... all you need is the userID... so maybe it's the login journey that needs to be looked at.

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Page @ Code Couch
[/tt]

What is Javascript? FAQ216-6094

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back