Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferring from menus in VMPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team503

MIS
May 28, 2009
US
In VMPro, I want to have a menu that looks like this:

Timeout -> Transfer to Main Menu
5XX -> Transfer to $KEY
501 -> Transfer to CB501, PIN protected

However, when users dial 501, it skips the pin protection. Is there any way to exclude just 501 from the 5XX range and accomplish this without having to enter each possible extension by hand?

Thanks tons guys! :)

MCSE, ACA, 12+ years in the IT field

Remove the 5XX and add the $ as a choice, this connects to the "invalid" outcome.
So if someone dials 512 then it is not a valid value in the menu and then the caller will be transferred to the invalid action, if a caller dials 501 then that is a valid entry in the menu and they will have to provide a PIN code.
After the invalid action you can test if the number dialled is within your extension range with a compare action:
if $Key > 599 OR $key < 500 then say "wrong number, goodbye" and disconnect.

I am not a nice guy so that would be my solution, maybe you are more polite to your customers;) but i think you get the idea of programming

You could also make 501 a short code that points to a Voice Mail Module that has the prompt for the PIN code. The only issue is that internally dialing 501 would ask for the PIN.

Transferring a call from VM to a shortcode pointing back to the VM will not be allowed. There is a mechanism in VM Pro to prevent loops, only after a few seconds the call has left VM it can be routed back into the VM.

Four cats
One bird ( loved by the cats )
Two rabbits
No mistress :(
No boat
No second home
no life...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back