Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferring drawing object properties to Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvandenberg

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
CA
I searched the forums but haven't found quite what I'm looking for.

I would like to use the LIST command in Autocad and have the resulting information (the x,y,z co-ordinates of the "points" especially) be transferred to an Access database table. I am running Access2000, Autocad2000 and I am comfortable working with VBA from within Access. I know nothing about LISP routines.

Also, I am not sure what side I would work from ie. start in Access and manipulate the Autocad file from Access or the other way around.

Thanks in advance,
Wendy

Hi Wendy,

If you are comfortable working in VBA, check the FAQ How to Connect AutoCAD to Access for a primer on how connect AutoCAD and Access. The difference in your case will be you are not interested in attributes, just either insertion points, start points etc.

If have more specifics, we can probably help you modify the code in the FAQ to get you what you need.

HTH
Todd

Thanks Todd. I always forget to check the FAQs. It'll definately get me started.

Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back