Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transferring data into form from table

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2004
QA
hi i would like to enter in information into a table via a form, i have everthing okm except for one thing:

When i enter new informaiton i want to open the forma nd have a combo box with a list of names from a member table, when i click on that name it brings up that members corrosponding details in the text boxes in the form, how do i do this ?

thankyou

Hi,

If you open your table and click and icon on the top left of your form (looks like a form with a flash of lightning) called New Object: Autoform. This will put your table onto a form, delete fields that you don't need on the form. Create a combobox from the wizard and select option "find a record on my form based on the value i selected on my combobox". Then select the name field (>)from your table. That should give you what you want.

HTH,
M-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back