Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transferring Crystal reports to another user - Crystal version 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCCkjn

Technical User
Dec 5, 2007
CA
I would like to know if there is an easy easy way to transfer Crystal reports to another user without having to re-create the report. We cannot connect directly to our database with crystal so we run reports from the database to excel and then use Crystal to pull the info we want from the excel files. I have copied the crystal reports and the excel files to a new user but it doesn't recognize and can't find the info to run the report. We end up having to recreate all the fields. I was hoping there was a simpler method.

I have never heard of that issue. Our group is always opening other user's report. If Excel is the data source. Then it could be annoying to 're-connect' to the Excel data source that may be in a different drive path.

Have you set the location for the Excel files? Database->set location.

Ideally, you would have a shared drive where you could locate the Excel files so that anyone could access them without having to reset the location.

-LB

We did set the Database location. We aren't using a shared drive - I am retiring and trying to set up my reports for the person taking my place. Here are the steps we did:
On the Database expert, the two excel files listed were from my files
- we added new connections to the excel files in her network drive
- we removed the files from my network drive
- we linked the excel files
- now all the fields in the report were removed when my files were removed - now a blank page.
So, we are starting over really now to set up the fields in the report. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back