Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferring Calls To VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrain8

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2005
US
What is the sequence for somebody to take an incoming call and be able to transfer it to someones vm w/o it ringing on the persons phone?

they hit the transfer button, dial your voicemail hunt number, enter the person's ext. they want to leave the message for, then enter the guest password, usually '85#', then transfer again to complete the call.

thanks, tim

What voicemail system are you running, what are the steps you've followed to transfer the call, and what errors are you receiving when making the transfer attempt?

Susan
"'I wish life was not so short,' he thought. 'Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about.'"
- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lost Road

running an intuity velocity... I tried the steps you gave me above, but the psswrd doesn't jive.

I know if your on someones line and you want the call to go directly to that persons vm you do a transfer #0 transfer and that works, but I want to be able to pick any ext. in the building to transfer to and have the same thing happen.

confirm what your guest password by entering display system-parameters features. if there is no password then enter one. something easy so everyone can rememeber it. then do your transfer to the main hunt number with the guest password.

What field am I looking for when doing the disp sys-para features? I skimmed thru it and I don't see clearly what field this pertains to.

if you do a 'ch sys fea' it is on the first page and is labeled 'system guest password'.

thanks, tim

hit the 'transfer button', call to the station, then hit the 'go to cover' button on your phone, then hit the 'transfer button', then hang up. This will only work if voice mail is the only point in coverage.

You would be better off building an auto-attd for transfer to mailbox if you want to bypass ringing the phone. See Example. When you record the greeting for the auto-attd, simply record "enter extension now".
The person wishing to transfer a call presses transfer, dials the auto-attd #, waits for the greeting, enters the users extension, and presses transfer to complete the action.
You must change the location of the "e" on page 3 to match your dialplan.
The function is the same as a dial by name directory, except the addressing is "extension" rather than "name"

display subscriber 444 Page 1 of 3
SUBSCRIBER

Name: transfer to audix Locked? n
Extension: 444 Password:
COS: AUTO-ATT Miscellaneous:
Switch Number: 1 Covering Extension:
Community ID: 1 Broadcast Mailbox? n
Secondary Ext:
Account Code:

display subscriber 444 Page 2 of 3
SUBSCRIBER CLASS OF SERVICE PARAMETERS
Addressing Format: extension Login Announcement Set: System
System Multilingual is OFF Call Answer Primary Annc. Set: System
Call Answer Language Choice? n Call Answer Secondary Annc. Set: System

PERMISSIONS
Type: auto-attendant Announcement Control? n Outcalling? n
Priority Messages? n Broadcast: none IMAPI Access? n
IMAPI Message Transfer? n Fax Creation? n Trusted Server Access? n

INCOMING MAILBOX Order: fifo Category Order: nuo
Retention Times (days), New: 10 Old: 10 Unopened: 10
OUTGOING MAILBOX Order: fifo Category Order: unfda
Retention Times(days), File Cab: 10 Delivered/Nondeliverable: 5

Voice Mail Message (seconds), Maximum Length: 300 Minimum Needed: 32
Call Answer Message (seconds), Maximum Length: 240 Minimum Needed: 8
End of Message Warning Time (seconds):
Maximum Mailing Lists: 25 Total Entries in all Lists: 250
Mailbox Size (seconds), Maximum: 1200 Minimum Guarantee: 0

display subscriber 444 Page 3 of 3
SUBSCRIBER AUTOMATED ATTENDANT MENU

Allow Call Transfer? y

Button Extension Treatment Comment
1:
2:
3:
4: e call-answer transfer to ext
5: e call-answer transfer to ext
6:
7: e call-answer tran to ext
8:
9:
0:
Timeout:

Length Of Time-Out On Initial Entry : 5

Good Luck!

You can do what 'phonesrus' suggests, but the disadvantage is it takes longer to do than my suggestion. Or, if the call is being received through a cover path in the first place, you can do a 'transfer to audix' feature access code after pressing 'transfer',then 'transfer' again. This only works if your voicemail intergration is using something other than mode codes and is connected to a Intuity or other Avaya system that supports 'transfer to audix'.

Don't know if this fits your situation or not.
If you picked up a call directed to another extension (call pickup) there is a feature access code called "transfer to voicemail". You can press transfer, the fac, then transfer again. The call will go to the voicemail for the extension that was called.

thanks for the help.. I wound up using the goto-cover option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back