Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferring calls off-site using auto attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phony

Technical User
Jul 15, 2003
US
I have an Aria 250 connected to a ROLM 9751 and would like to transfer calls across a tie-line to another facility. The problem is that the 250 doesn’t wait until the trunk is seized during the transfer process. This causes the call to ring back to the Aria 250 port. How can I program the 250 to wait a few seconds before completing the transfer?

change the Dialing Sequence to Transfer a Call to fpnpppp

but this will effect all transfers you may want to try sending the call to a phone that is set to forward the call over the tie line.

Menu 6 - Dialing and Serial Channel Parameters AA
- Transfer, Outcall, Fax, and Pager Sequences -

"Flash" On-hook Time: 500 milliseconds
"Pause" Time: 1000 milliseconds

Block Automated Attendant Transfer: , , , .
Dialing Sequence to Transfer a Call: FPN
Dialing Sequence to Reconnect with a Call -
Ring/No Answer: F
Busy: F

Dialing Sequence for On-PBX Calls (if VPMOD is on a PBX): N
Dialing Sequence for Local Calls: 9N
Dialing Sequence for Long-distance Calls: 9N
Dialing Sequence for AMIS International Calls: 9N
Dialing Sequence for Private Network Calls: 9N

Well, we have somewhat of a unique configuration...
We use FLT-Rs for integration, which when used the Aria ignores the transfer string entered in menu 6. We also use an analog card just for outcall notification.

We have two facilities, one main site and a manufacturing site. We’re routing all DID calls to our main site and redirecting a block of 100 DIDs to the manufacturing site using digit translation. The problem is when people dial our main number (terminates at main site), the Aria needs to be able to transfer directly to that extension.

I have two solutions to the problem, but I’m looking for a cleaner fix. One solution is to create ACD groups on the ROLM for each number at the manufacturing site. This allows you to add a 2 second delay. I don’t like this option because it would be a nightmare to handle and would screw up our ACD reporting software.

The 2nd option is to route just the main number(s) to the analog ports and use the method you just described. The analog trunk cards do use the transfer string. I don’t like this option because I’d be separating the port groups making the system less dynamic. If I can’t find a better solution, this is the one I’ll have to go with.

The ideal fix for me is to change the transfer process for the FLT-R integration. When we went to digital integration (right when it became available for ROLM), I did ask Avaya to correct the problem. At the time the TAC said they couldn’t change it. I find that hard to believe and I can’t imagine I’m the only customer who has this issue.

Has anyone had the integration customized to add the delay in the transfer? If so, are there config notes or patches available? I checked Avaya’s website but was unsuccessful.

I can tell you that you will not get Avaya to change the transfer for an FLT-R. But one thing that may also work is to send the call to an ext that is call fwd all or no ans to the number out side the system this will allow the trunk timer to work. Or you may also lower you trunk timer in the PBX

Thanks for the advice. I'll play with the trunk timing and see what happens. I've consulted a Siemens engineer and he said to use ACD routes with a 2 second wait period... but you never know if there is another solution.

I'm just curious, why wouldn't Avaya customize our settings for the transferring on an FLT-R? When we went to FLT-Rs, the ANI didn't work at first. They had to created a custom port type to make it work. I'm assuming if they have that much control of port types, then they can change timing settings and such. I guess it's more complicated than that.

One of the reasons is that the code for the FLT-R is licensed from Rolm and can’t be changed by Avaya. On the ANI they changed the way that there code looks at the display on the set 400. Also if you put a delay in on the transfers then anyone on the local PBX would pick up their phone and would not be able to hear the outside caller for 2 seconds or what ever the timer was set to. This would cause them to hang up or they would say hello and the caller would not hear them.

I think what the problem is is that the trunk is seized but the guard timer in the PBX is dropping the call as it thinks that the station that made it is hanging up to soon ergo it can’t be a valid call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back