Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferring Between Two Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2001
GB
At our workplace, we've had a change of company. Because of this, we've had to create new Email accounts for everyone.
A lot of people have meetings and stuff in their calendar which can stretch, in some cases, into next year. Obviously this means that they have hundreds of entries.
We're keeping the old account as an archive, but how can I transfer the calendar of one account to another account? We're running Lotus Notes 4.6.
All permissions are set up, i.e. the old account has access to the new account, and the new account has access to the old account.

Any help is appreciated...

Just to add to this:

A lot of people have created their own folders in their old mail file (some have hundreds which have taken years to create). How can I transfer these folders across to their new file without having to do it manually?
Also, if its possible, can they be transferred without taking all of the old mails?

Thanks

Here's what I would do:

1. To transer calendars, copy all of the documents from the users' old Meetings and To Do folders to their new Meetings and To Do folders.

2. To transfer folders, as you've described, without the old email docs, I only know of one way. Make a copy of a user's email database without documents. In the database properties of the new copy set it to be a template. Replace the design of the user's new email database with this new template design. Of course, this introduces the admin headache/nightmare of maintaining all the new templates you create.

DDickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back