Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferred CLID over sip trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

harps08

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2008
CA
If a person at site A receives a call on a pstn trunk and then transfers the call to a user a site B over SIP trunks is it possible to have the original CLID from the CO appear on the telephone at site B?

Site A = BCM 50 3.0
Site B = BCM 450 1.0

Currently, the end user at site B sees the company name and dn of the user who transferred the call at Site A, but they would like to see the customers CLID.

The private network type has been set to private, send name display and forwarded redirected oli has been select under the ip trunks settings.

Has anyone come across this problem?

Do you have MCDN enabled in both system's?
You need it to see the CLID across the VoIP Network.

How has your experience been so far with the SIP trunks? We have had a lot of headaches with them and I am trying to figure out if it is common for SIP to be extremely less reliable than PRI service.

When i have the choice i install H323 instead of SIP trunks.I find it more reliable.
Not too sure about known issues with SIP on Bcm450 but there was on the Bcm50.Make sure both bcm's are patched to the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back