Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferred calls intermittantly placed on hold after installing MR 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowenby

MIS
Nov 29, 2003
US
Our system is a Modular ICS and has an ISDN-PRI, 3 analog lines, 144 digital stations and 24 analog stations. About a month ago we installed the latest maintenence release, MICS 6.1 MR WI 6.05. The system version is 30CPG05 NAT.

Since installing the MR, we have been receiving reports that transferred calls were intermittantly being placed on hold, instead of being transferred. We went over call transfer procedures with our attendants to make sure this was not a training issue. This occurs at the stations that answer most of our incoming calls.

I have personally observed this problem twice, after repeatedly placing, answering and transfering test calls. However, the problem appears randomly and I'm not able to reproduce it reliably.

The only thing that I see in the Sys test log is EVT247 that has been repeated 60 times since installation of the MR.

I wanted to know if anyone else has seen this problem or if they have any suggestions for troubleshooting.

how many intercom keys are there? is there an available key when this occurs
do they use a transfer key or the transfer soft key?

if possible add more intercom keys and use a transfer key (not soft key)

Event
247:| CAUSE: | An invalid event was received for the current channel state.

247:| ENVIRONMENT: | The event occurs on the KSU.

247:| HUMAN ACTION: | Customer should contact installer to get tracebacks.

Problem solved...

Prior to installation of the latest maintenance release, caller id was not displayed for a new call, if you were already on a call. Now, if you are on a call and a new call comes in, caller id is displayed for the new call and the Transfer soft key, under the 2 line display on phones with 10 and 24 buttons, is temporarily disabled.

If you press the soft key while it is disabled, dial a 3 digit extension, then answer the next call; the first call will be placed on hold, it was never transferred. The key associated with the first call will flash rapidly indicating that it is on hold and you will hear a reminder tone if the call is not removed from hold within 60 seconds.

What can be done to prevent this situation? Pay close attention to the display on the phone and what you hear in the handset. After pressing the transfer soft key, you will hear a dial tone AND the display will show "Transfer to:". If this is not the case, the transfer will fail. You will need to press the transfer key again or press Feature 70. Alternately, you can use one of the feature keys on the phone that has been programmed with the Transfer function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back