Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferred call to toll free number gets Access Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdown813

Vendor
Jan 26, 2012
US
Environment Details:
We are running MCD 7.0
We have AT&T IPFlex as our SIP trunk provider.
We use MBG (release 9) proxy for the IPFlex SIP trunks.

When I receive an outside call and I attempt to transfer or conference in that call to a toll free number I get access denied. I have been able to make a change to the SIP peer profile that resolves the issue but that change comes at a cost so I'm hoping someone might have another suggestion.

In the SIP Peer Profile under the Calling Line ID settings we have 'Public Calling Party Number Passthrough' & 'Use Original Calling Party Number if Available' options enabled. We have this enabled because we use EHDU twinning and prefer to get originating caller ID to show up on twinned calls. If I disable those two options I am able to transfer the call to a toll free number without issue. What I don't understand is why this only happens on toll free calls. We have no issues transferring calls to local and long distance numbers regardless of whether those options are enabled or not. This issue only occurs when we attempt to transfer or conference calls to toll free numbers. I have found a successful work around for conference calls. If we put the initial call on hold and use an available multicall or single line appearance to place the call to the toll free number we can 'add held' to conference them in. I can even drop off the conference call after it's established thus completing the transfer but this is not a sustainable solution.

Note: MBG was just recently upgrade to 9 in an attempt to fix this issue. Same problem existed in release 8 as well.

Any suggestions?

I don't think this is a problem with the system but rather with your provider. I say this because you can transfer ok to all numbers except toll free so this points to a different config on the SIP lines which is expecting the correct cli (rather than the incoming number passthrough you are using for the ehdu) for toll free only. Very strange mind and I might be wrong.

Do you have "Two B Channel Transfer Allowed" enabled in the SIP trunks' COS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back