Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfering questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

chichitsai

Technical User
Dec 11, 2009
CA
I have a norstar 3x8 dr5.1
We are many phones sharing 2 lines.
Since I am not always in the office, I will like when someone picks up the phone, they would be able to transfer the phone call to an extension, which will AUTOMATICALLY use a second line to call my cell phone.
Is this possible? I understand that in this case, both line will be occupied.

You must have a MICS with 4.1 software, to transfer a call outside the system. You might be able to use "line redirection", but I'm not sure.

Page 141 of the 3x8 Dr 5.1 owner's handbook manual explains how to set up line redirect to an off-premise number. You pretty much have to tie up one extension to handle what you describe.

Once the call has been answered I dont think it can be redirected. You would be better off to get Transfer on the lines from your phone company. That way you wont tie up any lines.

i agree with bob3470
get the link transfer capability from the telco
then the person answering can just press the link button and then the speed dial button (with your cell number in it)
when call connected ,they can hang up and the line is free for another call ,and the customer is connected to your cell phone direct

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back