Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfering calendar data to exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimofaos

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2001
US
We have recently installed Exchange Server 5.5 (with outlook 2000), with the intent of sharing calendar info between workstations. Everything is working great. My question is this: How do I transfer the data from the old calendars in the personal folders on the individual machines to the new calendars in the folders on the exchange server. All of the emial and every thing else I merely cut and pasted to the exchange server folders, but you can't do that with calendar info.

Thanks in advance,
Jim...

Have you tried importing the data?

From Outlook, choose "File, "Import and Export", "Import from another program or file", "Personal folder file", browse to the personal folder file that contains the calendar items, choose the calendar in the file that you are importing and choose the user's mailbox as the destination, choose "finish".

This isn't a reply but a precursorary question to your problem: I need to know how to set up multi-user calendars. There are 4 of us in the office who want to be able to notify others of appointments and important deadline. Any advice on if, how and where to set up a common (public) calendar or if it is simply a matter of permission to view others' personal calendars. Please respond to me personally at jadixon@gov.mb.ca. Thanks!

To JJDixon

I did something similar for one of our departments to share a calendar.

Created a mailbox called "marketing" with myself as assigned user/owner of the mailbox.
Configured my Outlook client to open that mailbox.
In Outlook, I gave the 4 users in marketing department permissions to that calendar - Publishing Editor. Also, I gave them permission on the mailbox itself in order to get this next step to work.
On each user's Outlook client, I went into Tools, Services. Under Exchange Server, Properties, Advanced, Open Additional mailboxes, I added the marketing mailbox.
The last step was dragging a shortcut for the calendar to their Outlook shortcut bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back