Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfering a Call - Tricky question; Read Carefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2002
US
I have a customer that wants the following:
1. Operator gets a call
2. Operator hits transfer
3. Operator dial employee extension using VOICE Line and ask employee if he wants to take the call, if employee wants the the call, customer wants for the operator to hit transfer and the call to RING at the desk, instead of the caller automatically coming to the VOICE line since sometimes he does not realizes that the caller is already on the line.

I told him that the only way to do this is for:
1. Operator get the call
2. Operator Put call on hold
3. Operator picks up VOICE line and announce the call. If users wants it, the operator hangs up and pick up the caller line, hits transfer and then extension and transfer again.

Users says that this is not a good way since if the operator starts getting bigger amounts of calls, she will not remember which line she needs to transfer to which extension.

Does any one knows any other way to do this by the operator hitting just Transfer? Does any one knows about a system that does this?

Gladys Rodriguez
GlobalStrata Solutions

which system are we dealing with here?? If it is one of the classic merlins, the operator can push xfer, Icom, and the extention number or the auto icm button, announce the call, hang up, and the customer's phone should ring once the operator has hung up. I do not know about the legends.

hope this helps!!

austin

This is a Merlin Magix R3.

But I am confused about what you are saying in here. I do not see a way for the phone to ring or beep at the end of the call after you do the following:
1. Pick up call
2. Hit Transfer
3. Enter Extension (Extension will ring or beep depending of the type of line chosen)
4. Announce the Call (Port to communicate has been opened)
5. Without either the operator or extension hanging up, hit Transfer again.
Normally, after this last transfer is hit, the caller would be automatically on the line without any extra beeps/rings because the port has already been opened when the announcement of the call took place. After this last Transfer, the customer wants to hear another beep or ring to let him know that the transfer was completed.

Have I misunderstood you?

Gladys Rodriguez
GlobalStrata Solutions

Try this.
1. a caller calls in
2. have the operator hit transfer
3. have the operator hit intercom
4. have the operator dial the extention
5. announce the call
6. hang up

This might work on a magix, I am not sure

See if it does and please post the results!!

Best of luck,

Austin

What about a park zone? setup the 880's on the dss and then parl the call there, voice the user and tell them the call is on 8xx, they just hit #and 8xx to pick it up? or the operator can pick it back up and xfer it to vm.

If the person receiving the transfer picks up his handset to reply to the Operator, then YES they will automatically have the call on their handset as soon as the Operator disconnects.

If the Operator uses an SA-Voice button to do the transfer, and the person receiving the transfer does NOT pick up their handset, but rather hears the announcement through their speaker, and responds via the HFAI function, when the Operator disconnects, the call will ring until the handset is picked up.

You might want to add some more SA-Voice Buttons, and in the options menu, make the transfer type be Voice Announce.

If the called employee hangs up before the operator hangs up/hits transfer, once she/he (operator) transfers the call, the phone will ring. This would require the operator telling the employee "Hang up so I can transfer the call".

A little cryptic, I know, but I think once they get into the swing of things, it would just be a knee jerk reaction, and all would go smoothly!

ADXpert

my earlier post should have read #9 and the park zone. with that said, I have noticed a lot of the people requesting this come from old merlin systems like 820 and such, those older systems allowed you to that feature. for some reason it does not work the same way on the legend and magix systems, Avaya should add that feature to the next release. would make it easier to transit these users to the new systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back