Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer to voicemail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrobs

Programmer
Jul 16, 2003
US
My receptionist wants to know how to transfer a caller directly to someone's voicemail (instead of transferring to their extension). I can't figure this out...

Thanks!
Josh

Forgot to mention, she's on the 8434DX phone with 30 hot keys. The rest of us are on the 8410D phones, using Definity G3si r11.

Thanks!

Add a goto-cover button (Assuming that voice mail is the first point of cover in the main cover path) push transfer enter the extension number as normal push the goto-cover button this forces call to goto the next point of cover (being voice mail) then hit transfer. Job's a gooden!!

Another way is the direct transfer to audix is in the feature access codes. In my case it is on the 3rd page. Disp fea. Again in my case it would be transfer #6 transfer.

Mikey

Thanks, guys! The go-to-cover transfer worked!

Josh

"Transfer + go-to-cover" is great for the attendant, who might be answering a call to a general incoming line.

"Transfer #6 transfer" is great for an assistant who has answered a bridged extension.

Hi,

Just wanted to elaborate on Mikeydidit's post.

1)Hit your transfer button and transfer to your voicemail system where you enter your extension and passcode
2)enter the extension and # you want to transfer to
3)enter the sytem guest password and # which is located on display system-parameters features

This will make it go straight into the person's voicemail without their phone ringing.

You can also set up an express messaging mailbox and program an abbreviated dial key for it.

Assuming you have Audix , not Octel or somwething else: To do this set up an auto attendant mailbox. on page 3. Next the numbers corresponding to your extensions, enter an "e" and define it at type "guest-greeting". In an abbreviated dial form you assign the auto attendant number , then give them a key on the set.

Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back