Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer to Voicemail Box problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningstiffy

Programmer
Oct 17, 2006
NZ
Hey guys,

We have upgraded an existing customer from 3.01 to 4.0. This is a BCM 400 using Call Pilot.

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem.
An incoming call is answered by a user on the BCM. The user tries to transfers the call to another BCM users mailbox by pressing the Transfer to Mailbox button or by F986. Once the user finishes typing in the mailbox number they are connected back to the original caller!

I tried this myself with initialised mailboxes and also non-initialized mailboxes. When using non-initialised mailboxs the person transfering the call hears 'this mailbox is not initialised.......'

I've checked the users setting and mailbox class of service etc to no avail.

The customer used this feature a lot before the upgrade so it did work. I have loaded on all the BCM 4.0 patches as well (except for BCM.R400.082-MSC).

I have a new BCM 400 that i'm currently setting up and this features work perfectly.

Anyone experienced this or have a solution?

Cheers.

MS

It doesn't work from any extension at all. I had also set up a new mailbox and new extension with default parameters and still didn't work.

Anyone else seen this?

We have checked out another site we upgraded and the transfer to mailbox feature doesn't work either.

The conferencing doesn't work on these two sites since the upgrade as well.

We have sent numerous traces to Nortel a week ago but still haven't heard anything back.

MS

I haven't run into this-I've only done a couple of Rel 4 upgrades, but I'd love to know what Nortel's resolution is. Please post what Nortel says when you hear back. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back