Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer to Helpdesk While In Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBarrnes

MIS
Jul 12, 2004
US
Is there a way to set up my mailbox to allow the caller to dial 0 to be transferred to the helpdesk instead of *8 and then the extension? I'd rather only have to tell them one digit to push in my greeting.
Thanks TJ

cha sub XXXX, "Covering Extension".

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

I did that..... I put the helpdesk extension in Covering Extension and then when I push 0 during the greeting it says "Please Wait, Line Busy"

Actually I just tried the covering extension as my co workers number, 3937 and it worked fine, but when I do 1865 which is the helpdesk line it says "please wait line busy". I know the helpdesk is not busy because I can dial to it with no problem.

Is 1865 on the same switch as yourself? Is it a station, hunt group, VDN?

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

It is an X ported station on the switch. I listed VDN's and Hunt Groups and saw nothing relating to 1868 or Helpdesk.

Try "list extension 1868" and see what it is.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

It brings up one listing which is a station-user COR 2 TN1 COS 2

You can't cover to an x-port station; it needs to be a station that is assigned to a port, a hunt group extension, or a vdn.

Is there a reason why your help desk number is an x-port station?

Susan
- Thomas A. Edison

I don't know, I am new here. I don't even see how the number is getting routed to the Helpdesk because there doesn't appear to be any vdn or hunt group relating to it. It just shows as a station. I am confused. Could I make it into a VDN so I can cover to it?

Yes, you can, but a VDN needs a vector to go with it; and that means a skill and agents. I think you'll need to do some more investigation to find out how and WHY things are set up the way they are. You don't want to make things worse.

The first thing that I would do would be do list trace stat xxxx when dialing the help desk directly. That will show you where the call is routed.

Susan
- Thomas A. Edison

You may have to add the helpdesk to the audix to make it work. See if it is a valid subscriber. You can give it a cover path to no where, as long as it is in audix.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

I added it to Audix and left the coverage path set to nothing. It sill says Please wait. Line Busy. but right after that It prompts you to do a *T and enter the extension. If you do that It will transfer you to the helpdesk with no problem. The helpdesk is in a different city, but I have no idea where the information is that sends it to that outside number.

In the switch do a "disp cov remote" and see if it is there.

(Plato)

disp stat xxxx and see what the coverage path is.
list call and see if the number is call-forwarded to another number.
list trace stat xxxxwhile dialing the help desk and follow the path.

Susan
- Thomas A. Edison

List Call shows it forwarding to an 800 number. In the Disp Station it shows no coverage paths and it shows a call fwd button, but nothing showing in the extension. List Trac Sta seems to hang up my Definity Site Administrator and I have to ctrl alt del.

Sorry, should have mentioned that list trace stat must be run from emulation, not GEDI. My guess is that the 800 number that the List Call shows is your help desk. You stated before that the help desk is in a different city - are they with the same company as yourself? Are you both on the same PBX?

Susan
- Thomas A. Edison

We are on different PBX's and I found out that the number is being forwarded at the attendant console. I couldn't see that anywhere, but the Switchboard manager let me know that.
Is there a better solution than doing it this way?

Okay, so here's what you've found out so far:

You dial the help desk (extension 1865) from your office.
Extension 1865 is fowarded to a toll-free number.
The toll-free number is answered by the individual at the attendant console in the other city, who then transfers the call to the help desk.

Does the help desk have a direct extenal number, or can they only be receive inbound calls from the attendant console?

Are the two PBX's DCS'd together? Can you call anyone in at the second PBX location by dialing just their extension?

Susan
- Thomas A. Edison

Well, thanks for bearing with me. The 1868 is being forwarded to the 800 number here at OUR attendant console. As far as there being a link between here and the remote PBX....I doubt it because we are Avaya and they are Nortel.
So really the only issue I'm having is not being able to transfer from my voicemail directly to the helpdesk by pressing a digit during the my Audix greeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back