Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer to a user from the receptionist

Status
Not open for further replies.

phector

Technical User
Jun 27, 2011
VI
Have anyone ever experienced an intermittent problem with calls that is transfered to a user who's already on a call and the user is dropped leaving the party he/she was talking to and the new caller connected to each other?

I've seen something very similar on a 8.1 system. The user who was the destination of the transfer only had 2 intercom keys and the "Reserve Last CA" option was checked.

-----------------------------------
atcom_logo_small.jpg

Calgary Telephone Systems, Avaya LG Asterisk (FreePBX) VOIP & TDM

Thanks for your quick response, but i wish it was that simple. The "Reserve Last CA" is unchecked. It is IPO 8.1(57). This is an intermittent Problem. I'm thinking it could be a Glitch with the software. I was wandering if anyone has experienced this mind bogling issue. I've re-formatted the SD Card, recreate it and reload the back up config. it still happens ever so often. the issue is not consistent. I've used the sys mon and the SSA came up empty.

Enable "Reserve last CA" and if they transfer it then it should ring when the user is free or give busy when they are actually busy.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I had a similar thing going on with a 7.0. If a user was in a call, had second call alerting and if a third call was transferred, the waiting callers got connected.
The fix, though not very beautiful, was to make a hunt group for each user and transfer to that.
Moved the customer up to 8.1, but now they are used to the hunt group twitch, so I don't dare changing it back.

Tried to replicate it in lab, but never got the strange "conference" happening, so it left me with the feeling that it was SW/HW related.

Kind regards

Gunnar

I did try replicating the scenario in a lab unit as well and everything worked fine no problems. I'm going to try enabling the "Reserve Last Call CA" and see what happens. Thanks for all your response.

After reviewing the response. To enable the "Reserve Last Call CA", I don't need the user to ring busy if on a call. The 2nd caller should ring to the other line appearance. Each user was given 3 line appearance buttons.

The calls transfer with no problems 80% of the time and the 2nd caller would ring in on the 2nd line appearance. Then out of the ordinary that freaky situation happens where the user is disconnected and the 2 callers are connected.

Just remembered a receptionist that had very long fingernails, pushing the conference button when she was going for transfer button...
(most problems occur between the keypad and the chair:))

Having said that, I just ran a test.

Reception 999 have a User button for 200 and Enable_OTT in source Code.
Extn 300 is ringing on 200
Extn 400 is being transferred by reception to Extn 200.

Pressing [Transfer]-[User button 200]-[OK] will connect the two inbound callers and there will be an awkward moment.

Kind regards

Gunnar

Don't use line appearances but call appearances.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back