Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer to a busy DN is not giving BUSY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fadi2008

Technical User
Jun 23, 2007
LB
Hi all,

I have a CS1000E system with Release 6.0. I am facing the following issue:

When an outside caller makes an incoming call to the CS1000E and reaches the operator on a 2616 set, he tells her to transfer him to a certain DN. If this DN is busy, the operator transfering the call will not hear a busy tone instead it hears rings. However, when using a console (2250), a busy tone is heard!!!! Is there a way to let the 2616 hears busy tone in this case????

Thanks in advance...

look at your rdr data.. does the set have a second line via lhk or a fdn?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I think it's the other way around: The 2250 console hears silence (because it is camping on) and the standard 2616 hears busy.

Camp On can't be stopped if I remember, but when the Operator Transfers, the fact that she hears silence is her clue that the called party is busy. Timers bring the call back to the Operator after a predfeined number of seconds.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com | Connect with me on LinkedIn
--

But in case of 2616 set, the operator hears rings instead of busy tone when trasfering to the busy called party!!!!!!!

Hi all,
I have an old opt11C system with Release 25.15.
I am facing the following issue:
Unknown password. set by another distributor. (and they dont know)
Due to upgrade i need to reset the password. Is there another posibility to reset it than contact Nortel (Avaya support?
Thanks in advance....

fadi2008, the phone has a HUNT and CLS HTA - if you do not want it to hunt, then remove the hunt and make CLS HTD.

If the 2250 console tries to transfer a call to it, the call will camp on, and that's the way it is.

You a referring to "Operator" when you refer to 2616 and to 2250 phones. In USA culture, The Operator is the person at extension zero, usualy the 2250 console. That could be confusing some readers here. We have a set dictionary of terms that is not always common in other cultures.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com | Connect with me on LinkedIn
--

I have seen that with an LDN call, if the 2616 is setup with LDN0 (or other). Have her try Conf instead of TRNsfer.

I found a parameter caller STCB (Station Camp-on Busy Allowed) in LD 15 (FTR). When i have set STCB = Yes, when the 2616 set transfers an incoming call to a busy DN, a busy tone is heard by the 2616 but the Ring Again feature will be deactivated.

Thus, the problem is not solved completely.

Any idea??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back