Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer of SK98 from Desktop to Laptop - Evens problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDane

Technical User
Jun 2, 2005
US
When I transfer the files of SK98 from my Desktop (W7) to my Laptop (W7) all works well EXCEPT that all the EVENTS entries are 1 hour later on the Laptop and the same when I transfer from the Laptop to the Desktop. This started after the change to DST. I have made the adjustment on both Desktop & Laptop to get the correct DST. And I also adjust the 1 hour off setting in the events log, before doing the transfer from laptop-Desktop & Desktop-Laptop, but the transfer problem still persists. Any ideas on what's going on?

Dear WDane,

Check out
faq807-6596

Although it seems you have done that; have you any other solution?

Regards
Jim

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Thanks for your response Jim. I overlooked the obvious adjusting the DST on the laptop as well. I shouldn't have assumed that making the adjustment on the desktop would work for both because of the file transfer from desktop to laptop. When I made the DST adjustment on the Laptop as well both worked in perfect harmony. Since the problem was a 1 hour difference I should have known earlier that the DST setting was the culprit. Perhaps this account will help someone else who experienced the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back