Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transfer of oracle database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

goilaswati

Programmer
Mar 3, 2003
IN
sir

my problem is that i am currently working on a project with a front end on vb and back end on oracle.
now after i complete this project i will have to submit it and there would be a viva in which i will have to give a live demo of the project. right now i have a tablespace in a database of a company.
how can i transfer this whole set of tables to another database within minutes.my project needs creation of the tables before executing the application.

what all can i do & how can i do it. please help

You may use export/import utilities Regards, Dima

The fast way of doing it is to use transportable tablespace. You have to put the tablespace where the tables are on READ-ONLY mode, copy the datafile to CD-ROM or tape, export the tablespace meta-data (takes seconds), then return the tablespace to READ-WRITE mode.

To have the tablespace in the new database, simple copy the datafiles and import the meta-data.

There are some limitations, but you can check them in the on-line docs ( as the same OS, same db_block_size, etc.)

Hope that helps,

clio_usa - OCP DBA
------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back