Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethereal112

Technical User
Aug 7, 2006
US
I created (3) transfer mailboxes, (1) is the primary with (2) options suming up all three. When the caller hits the primary and selects one of the remaining two, the system put's the caller on hold (music), then states the line is busy? but then hits the voicemail account. Now I've tried creating mailbox types 31 & 32 and still encounter the same message. How do I get around the music? and why is this message coming up? Also the selected line does not ring and is directed right into the voicemail account.

it is doing a supervised transfer. change that to no in the mailbox profile.

What type of pbx are you on?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I've removed it before with no change. Maybe I'll go back in and turn it off once more, see if it makes a change. I'm currently using the NEC 2400

maybe 3-5 seconds, followed by the extension is busy?

it has to be the transfer supervision and the busy ring - no-answer options in the mailbox profile unless you have the system set to supervise all transfers

Ken Means

Where would the system be set for supervised transfer?

This sounds like the Octel is trying to transfer to a number and is getting a busy or reorder tone so it is pulling it back. The music is always going to be heard when the port does a hook-flash and continue until it releases the call. ( should only be a second)

But can you transfer to the number you have setup in the mailbox?

Is the number setup in the PBX for hooking ? in the dial plan aspa i think but it has been awhile.

Ken Means

Having the system set to supervise transfer as Ken is stating isnt the same as setting for that specific mailbox and if you read my earlier response, you'll see if been down that path.

Actually, the music wont be a problem Ken. The busy message and direct voicemail was. I changed the supervise transfer and the problem is gone. Thanks for all your assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back