Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer internally an incoming call from PSTN, keep original callerID

Status
Not open for further replies.

kim8888

Technical User
May 19, 2010
US
hi experts

we are using asterisk 1.6, all with polycom soundpoint ip550 phones, and a PRI connected to the pbx.

when we receive an incoming call from the outside, it rings one of the polycom phone. we can see the callerID name and number is correct.

we pickup the call, start talking. then we want to transfer the call to another ip phone connected to the same asterisk pbx.

when the second phone rings, it shows the callerid/name of the first ip-phone. (what is specified in the sip.conf). also when we complete the call transfer, the caller id name/number on the second ip-phone is still showing id and number of the first ip-phone; instead of the name/number of the person who calls from the outside.

here is what we are expecting:
1) i'm using the ip phone SIP/100
2) i receive a call on the PRI from Peter/555-666-7777. He tells me he wants to talk to Bill in the office (who is using SIP/101).
3) i put the caller on hold and call Bill on my polycom sip phone. he sees "kim/100" on his display.
4) he answers the call, and says go ahead transfer.
5) i hit the transfer button, and hang up the phone. now Bill's ip-phone display shows "Peter/555-666-7777" and he is on the phone with Peter.

i know it's possible, as i have seen a demo, where 2 people were using a polycom soundpoint ip550, and during the course of the call, they could make the name on the display change. (there was no hang up or retransfers).

here are the 2 different portions of dialplan to dial one ip-phone to another that we tried. both of them lead to the same results described.

_1XX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},30)
_1XX,2,Hangup()

and:

_1XX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},30,o)
_1XX,2,Hangup()

any help will be greatly appreciated !

What happens if you do an unsupervised transfer?

the way we transfer calls is:

1) answer receive call from outside
2) press "transfer"
3) dial new extension to transfer to
4) wait until the new extension picks up and announce the call.
5) press "transfer" again to let the call go.

busster, when you say 'unsupervised' transfer, do you mean we just skip step#4 and transfer right away ? if that's the case, it does exactly the same thing....

if there is another way to do an 'unsupervised transfer' let me know what i need to press on the polycom.

thanks a lot

How about pressing ##. While on phone with you I would press ## and enter the extension number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back