Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Incoming Call to External Number 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TéléphoneNortel

Technical User
Sep 5, 2017
CA
At my office, some of the employees do not have an extension. When someone calls in for such an employee, I would like to be able to transfer their call directly to the employee's cell phone number. Is there any functionality for this?

Is there anyway to transfer a call to an external number? The regular transfer (F70) of course cannot do this.

My system uses M7310s and M7324s.

Thank you.

Sets need to have Allow Redirect set to Y and KSU software version 4.1 or up required.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

You can do a link transfer (F71) if you have local link lines. You have to check with your line provider.

@phoneguy427
Link seems to work. Thank you. So once I connect the incoming call to the person's external number and their phone starts ringing, I can hang up, right?

Test it then you will answer your own question.

If an issue:
-You may need to do Link again after the # , example LinkXXX-XXX-XXXXLINK
-You may need to wait for the other end to answer before hanging up (or pressing Link again)
-You do not have "Call Transfer" with your carrier, instead it is "3 way calling" which means when you hang up the conference will end....3 way is not what you want.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back