Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer file across network via Pocket PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

61cygni

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have a pocket PC 2003 device and I'm trying to copy a text file I create over the network to a shared directory (over 802.11) does anyone know how this can be done.

Thanks in advance

Steve K

Assuming you are authenticated and have a mapped connection to the shared folder you should be able to use the System.IO namespace. In there you will find the file object which has all of the file management tools you would need (ie: Copy). The only problem is that I'm guessing you are running the compact framework which doesn't have all of the same functionality as the full frame work. I can't remember if it chops out any of the system.io namespace functionality.

-Rick

VB.Net Forum forum796 forum855 ASP.NET Forum
[monkey]I believe in killer coding ninja monkeys.[monkey]

Rick,

I have a System.IO bit working and it's trying to the copy the file. I think the bit I'm missing is being an authenticated user. Although the handheld is on the wireless network

Regards,

Steve

No it tries to connect but won't.

Then I would look into getting the device authenticated to the network. If you have an IT Administrator handy, get them to help, if not take a look at the other forums here, there should be one on hardware/network support.

-Rick

VB.Net Forum forum796 forum855 ASP.NET Forum
[monkey]I believe in killer coding ninja monkeys.[monkey]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back