Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Database Task Error - Number of files must be the same/Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbw971

IS-IT--Management
Oct 18, 2011
US
I am trying to create a simple package to transfer a database from one instance of SQL to another. I seem to have everything set up properly but I get this error:

TITLE: Package Validation Error
------------------------------

Package Validation Error

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Error at Transfer ST Database [Transfer Database Task]: The number of source transfer files and the number of destination transfer files must be the same.

Error at Transfer ST Database: The Validate method on the task failed, and returned error code 0x80131502 (Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index). The Validate method must succeed and indicate the result using an "out" parameter.

Error at Transfer ST Database: There were errors during task validation.

(Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.VsIntegration)

BUTTONS:

OK

I found another question similar to this in the forum but their solution was to set "DelayValidation" to True. I tried this, setting both the package and transfer task settings to True. This allowed it to execute, but it wasn't successful and when looking at the execution results the same errors were there.

Thank you for your help, Chad

Also...the first instance is SQL 2008...the second it SQL 2008 R2. Also, I tried this with a couple databases and got the same error. I must be missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back