Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer/Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawg2

Technical User
Mar 30, 2004
One of my clients received a call from someone else in our building via a conference call and then she tried to transfer the calls to another extension...it did not work...I tested with her and she could not Transfer to another ext, she could only conference. Is there some thing that I can check or change in programming or if will she always have to conference?
I would appreciate any information regarding this.
Is it that if it starts the switch a conference call does it stay in the path?

Thank you for all you do to assist other people and me!
Susan

The call would not transfer... she could only conference the call

When she press the transfer key on the phone what happens? Also post a print out of her set programming

When she conferenced the call could she drop out? I'm guessing no. If the original call had an outcall trunk with it ftop may be restricting it. You could also look at trnx and extt in the net_data. All of this without knowing exactly what kind of calls we are dealing with.

Sometimes transfer doesn't work here on our 3904's and i either have to unplug the phone or out key and readd trn

It would help to know what kind of phone she has and a print out of her set. It's very possible if she is on a 3900 phone the firmware may need upgraded.

You cannot xfer a conference call.

Poster states - caller receive a call via conference then attempted to xfer that call - you can't do this.

yyrkroon has it correct. You cannot transfer a conference call. The original call has to drop drop down into a two-party call and then it can be transferred.

So what I am understanding; The phone is a 2616.
O
TN 020 0 03 07
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN 6000
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 7
SGRP 0
RNPG 7
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
SCPW
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FNA HTA ADD HFA
MWA AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLA VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD DDV CNID
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXA ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID
DDGA NAMA
USRD ULAD RTDD PGND OCBD FLXD
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 6000
LHK 1
LPK 1
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 4597 0 MARP
CPND
NAME XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 5597 0 MARP
CPND
NAME XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 DIG 1 94 R
03 MWK 6000
04 CFW 12 4596
05 TRN
06 AO6
08 SCR 4596 0
CPND
NAME XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
09 SCR 5596 0
CPND
NAME XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
11 SCN 4699 0
CPND
NAME XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
12 SCN 4705 0
CPND
NAME XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
13 SCN 5705 0
CPND
NAME XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
14 RNP
DATE 7 JUN 2011
Here is the print out.
I am not sure but from what I understand person A and B called person C, he was not in office so his assistant tried to transfer to office where is was. She could not transfer... after several attempts she conferenced and the call went through.
My thinking is if the call already has been started on a conference string it can not be transfered only conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back