Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Columns / Facets from DEV to PROD

Status
Not open for further replies.

shtali

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2013
IL
Hi,
Does anyone know of a way to transfer Columns / Facets from one CS environment to another?
I tried the CS 16 new capabilities of transferring configuration but both of these objects are not supported.
I tried using XML Export / Import and while the Export does its job, I get an error message during Import saying that Datasource must exist before a column is Imported... nothing seem to work.
I have a customer with 150 Categories... approx. 750 Columns and 750 Facets...
Please advise..

Thanks
Shai

Ok if you create a Datasource in the target system for one of the things you are trying does it work?,A facet needs to know which category:attribute it is running on.It is not uncommon for companies when they create categories to create a dummy document putting values in every one of them just to get it registered for search to pick up.I would actually check the transport warehosue because since you say xmlimport does not want to work,transport WH is a wrapper for xml export/import.Alternatively I would buy GCI tools or code this in OScript.As a first step ask OT in the forum,facets and columns are very highly advertised things in OT so I would assume that you are not the first person who may want this . If OT says this is not supported perhaps they will take build it for you that is also not uncommon,that is what the OT professional services do,they have a lot of OScripters who they can tap on.
Here's a hack you could probably make a copy of the NODE an existing facetNode in mostly Oscript.It may take one line of code to do it.Then run it 750 more times so what you may have is 750 Facets that has the correct name but datasources that may have to re-created manually may be it will save you 50 % of the time. I would probably try lapi ,webreports or webservices or rest as well.My philosophy is if the organization has bought livelink then all the others at least in the deployment phase should have budget for a oscripter,failing which hire a lot of people to chunk it by hand.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Thanks Appu. So strange no one encountered this. SO I guess everyone are creating all configuration from scratch in each environment..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back